CEI’s Product Suite supports Virtual Reality (VR) on large scale systems like PowerWalls and CAVES and small systems like your desktop.
On very large displays, conference rooms and theaters:
- EnSight DR supports multi-pipe display to drive VR planar and non-planar display environments such as a RAVE or multi-panel display wall driven by graphics clusters (distributed rendering).
- EnSight Gold supports multi-pipe display to drive VR planar and non-planar display environments such as a RAVE or multi-panel display wall (shared memory parallel rendering).
- Supports nVidia Quadro Plex displays.
- Supports AMD FirePro Eyefinity displays. These cards support up to 6 displays from a single card. Other stereo cards support only two stereo outputs.
- “Heads Up” Macro (HUM) for creating customized VR interfaces as well as interaction using VR input devices for head tracking and manipulation.
- Wide ranging support for 3D input devices.
- EnVideo Gold stereo and Wall/CAVE enabled video/movie/animation playback.
- Interfaces with stand-along players for sharing of results in VR environments.
- Reveal Pro for playback of 3D simulation results post-processed by EnSight and saved in the Reveal .csf file format on distributed rendering displays (player for EnSight DR).
- EnLiten Gold for playback of 3D simulation results post-processed by EnSight and saved in the EnLiten .els file format on distributed shared memory rendering displays (player for EnSight Gold).
On your Desktop you can use local stereo displays for free:
- EnSight (any version, no additional cost)
- EnSight Free (yes, there is a free version)
- EnVE provides for for basic and batch video editing of movies in stereo format
- EnVideo for stereo video/movie/animation playback.
- Desktop stereo display requires the use of an graphics card configured to support OpenGL Quad-buffered stereo display. CEI tools will automatically detect the presence of such desktop stereo graphics setups and will enable various stereo playback options automatically.